PURPOSE OF JOB:
Lead assigned team(s) in the development for an assigned portfolio of brand(s), with a view to ensuring a salient and differentiated positioning is developed in the various channels, in conjunction with upgrading the portfolio, where required, through packaging and/or formulation. Analyze industry trends, forecast market development and develop marketing plans to increase brand sales and profitability.
MAJOR ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Outline the broad strategic framework necessary to achieve profitable long-term growth for assigned group of brand(s).
2. Ensure Alignment of Brand(s) Plan Portfolio Strategy (BWP)
3. Develop and establish policies and objectives consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient operation of team.
4. Ensure effective control of marketing results and adopt necessary corrective action to ascertain marketing objectives are met within designated budgets.
5. Oversee the execution of marketing programs; allocate marketing programs budget and ensure programs are delivered within budget. Anticipate issues and define alternatives to achieve success.
6. Monitor and evaluate key performance indicators that reflect brand health performance in the market, respond and implement revisions to marketing strategies which impact on brand success, as appropriate.
7. Review market research to anticipate competition and market trends and translate consumer attitudes into new branding directions.
8. Lead Brand(s) Innovation Development and Plan.
9. Collaborate cross-functionally with Principals, internal teams, senior management and external vendors to coordinate joint programs and initiatives, including promotions, marketing messages and collaterals.
10. Participate in the preparation of budgets; collect and analyze data in support of effective forecasting of expenditures; develop justifications for budgetary recommendations.
11. Perform other administrative supervisory functions including monitoring and evaluating staff performance, establishing work priorities, interviewing, hiring and provide for the training and development of staff.
Degree in Marketing, Business or a related field. Previous training in tactical marketing required.
At least 8 - 10 years of progressively responsible management experience in a marketing environment. Prior industry experience preferred. Successful track record in developing and executing marketing projects for brand portfolio. Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams, including agencies and freelance creative talent..
JOB RELATED KNOWLEDGE/ SPECIFIC SKILLS:
1. Ability to identify or determine key priorities and brand needs
2. Comprehensive understanding of the company's business strategies, competitive environment and industry trends to proactively anticipate business needs and develop appropriate objectives and strategies
3. Knowledge of marketing and development strategies, techniques, processes, and available resources
4. Knowledge and understanding of the role of assigned brand(s) within entire brand portfolio
5. Knowledge and understanding of the role of Marketing in the organization and business arena
1. Committed to strategic business decision-making; strong business acumen
2. Demonstrated high level of conceptual and problem solving skills
3. Strong analytical skills in analyzing the effectiveness of marketing programs on key metrics
4. Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals
5. Excellent communication skills, in particular excellent verbal aptitude and public speaking ability
6. Excellent interpersonal skills using leadership, tact, patience and courtesy
7. Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional relationships with internal and external clients
8. Strong participatory management skills; effective team-builder with high accountability for his/her actions
9. Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
10. Employee development and performance management skills
11. Flexibility to adapt to changing environment and market conditions